Conditions of Carriage
Tickets are issued subject to the terms and conditions set out below. The passenger, by purchasing the ticket, confirms that he/she accepts and understands the terms and conditions and that he/she is aware of all conditions of carriage of Eldo Coaches.
EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY
- All persons entering an ELDO COACHES vehicle and/or property owned by ELDO COACHES or under its control do so entirely AT THEIR OWN RISK.
- ELDO COACHES is not liable for any loss or damages (including consequential or special damages or loss of profits), loss of life, bodily injury or damage to or loss of property of whatsoever nature and howsoever caused, and whether or not caused by ELDO COACHES, its directors, its officers, servants, agents or any other person acting on behalf of or under the control of ELDO COACHES, arising out of or connected in any way with the transportation or non-transportation by ELDO COACHES of any passenger or persons and/or their property.
- ALL PASSENGERS SHOULD ENSURE THAT THEY ARE ADEQUATELY INSURED.
- The ticket is proof of the agreement of transport between ELDO COACHES, the purchaser of the ticket and the passenger. The accompanying terms and conditions are the entire agreement between the passenger and ELDO COACHES.
- A ticket is valid for the use only by the passenger to whom it is issued and for the route, date and time shown thereon. The passenger will be required to produce their unique ticket reference number and appropriate identification to check in.
- It is the PASSENGERS RESPONSIBILITY to ensure that the correct information is shown on the ticket. Any alteration to a ticket may render it invalid.
- Tickets are NOT transferable.
- Lost tickets are for the account of the passenger and are NOT refundable.
- Prior to 24 hours before departure. Can refund or reschedule R50 admin fee applies
- Less than 24 hours before departure. No refunds. Can re-schedule. R70 admin fee applies
- On date of departure. No refunds. Can reschedule R100 admin fee
- No refund, no re-scheduling less than 3 hours before departure.
- With any re-bookings, any increase in fare at the time of the re-booking being requested, will also be for the account of the Passenger. No Refunds on date of departure or thereafter.
- ELDO COACHES DOES NOT provide specific seating or guarantee sitting together in a case of more than one passenger. Right of admission reserved.
- ELDO COACHES will not be bound by VERBAL QUOTATIONS. Quotes are valid ONLY at the time the quotation is provided, unless expressly indicated otherwise.
TIME TABLES & SCHEDULES
- Passengers are requested to be at their terminal 30 MINUTES before departure.
- Booked seats which are not filled 5 MINUTES before departure will be offered to stand-by passengers on a first come first serve basis.
- Whilst ELDO COACHES will make all reasonable effort to keep to its scheduled timetables, ELDO COACHES DOES NOT guarantee any arrival or departure times, and it does NOT accept any liability for any loss or damage incurred by any passenger, or inconvenience experienced by any person, due to a delay or cancellation of any service for whatsoever reason. ELDO COACHES reserves the right to cancel any of its services for any reason WITHOUT prior notice. ELDO COACHES WILL NOT be liable for any loss or damage incurred by passengers as a result of such cancellation.
BREAKDOWNS, DELAYS AND CANCELLATION SERVICES
- NO REFUNDS will be paid on breakdowns or delays.
- In the event of a breakdown or delay ELDO COACHES WILL NOT be held liable for connecting services, scheduled meetings, free refreshments, accommodation or any form of transportation or compensation.
- Services may be cancelled due to adverse operational conditions e.g. weather, strikes etc.
- NO REFUNDS will be issued if a service is cancelled due to weather conditions beyond our control.
- All passengers will be rebooked for an alternative date and time as per the passenger’s request.
- ELDO COACHES reserves the right to shuttle passengers between stops.
SMOKING & ALCOHOL
- ELDO COACHES RESERVES THE RIGHT to refuse to undertake the conveyance of any passengers found to be intoxicated or smoking on-board.
- Any person found in breach of our terms and conditions regarding the consumption of alcohol or smoking will be DISEMBARKED immediately at the NEXT SAFE AREA.
- With the exception of trained guide dogs, NO PETS will be allowed on the vehicle.
PREGNANT WOMEN & SICK PASSENGERS
- No unaccompanied children UNDER the age of 12 years will be transported.
- Children LESS THAN 36 months will be transported for free, PROVIDED that they sit on the parent/guardian’s lap, children from 36 months and above will pay the ADULT FEE. Proof of child’s age is required at time of purchasing the ticket and boarding the bus. In the event where there is MORE THAN ONE child under 36 months only one child will be entitled to travel on the mother’s lap without paying.
- ELDO COACHES reserves the right to refuse to transport sick passengers as well as ladies in advanced stages of pregnancy (7 months and over). Access to travel will be at the SOLE DISCRETION of the Boarding Master/Supervisor.
- Unfortunately our vehicles are not wheelchair friendly.
- Each passenger is permitted to take free of charge, at own risk, two suitcases not exceeding 80cm x 60cm x 30cm in size, of a total mass not exceeding 20kg.
- ELDO COACHES has the right to refuse the carriage of luggage that does not comply with these conditions.
- Large items must be placed in the designated luggage compartment and loaded only by an ELDO COACHES employee or agent. Passengers must obtain an ELDO COACHES luggage sticker when boarding.
- Unaccompanied luggage will not be transported.
- Passengers should not place valuable items in the luggage compartment.
- ELDO COACHES will not allow firearms or any harmful chemicals, explosives, or toxic substances to be carried on to the coaches.
- It is the responsibility of passengers to ensure that luggage or personal property is not left on the coaches when disembarking. Luggage must be adequately secured and locked at all times. Any claim for missing luggage must be submitted to us within 48 hours of the arrival of your journey.
- If luggage or personal property is left on the coaches and not claimed by the owners within a reasonable period of time, ELDO COACHES will use all reasonable efforts to contact the relevant passenger.
- ELDO COACHES will keep the luggage or personal property in safe storage for a period of 3 (three) months. Thereafter, ELDO COACHES will be entitled to dispose of the luggage or personal property in any manner it deems fit without any liability to the passenger.
- ELDO COACHES does not offer general insurance cover for its passengers, their property or luggage. It is the responsibility of the passenger to ensure that he/she is adequately insured.
- ELDO COACHES reserves the right to revise seat allocations WITHOUT PRIOR notice and to operate substitute vehicles of a different standard from those advertised should operational requirements or circumstances so dictate.
- Fares are subject to change WITHOUT prior notice from ELDO COACHES.
- Should you have a complaint in respect of ELDO COACHES, you should inform ELDO COACHES as soon as possible after the incident. ELDO COACHES will not consider any complaints raised more than 7 days AFTER the incident. Any complaints should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- ELDO COACHES broadcasts family friendly video and audio material on all coaches. ELDO COACHES does not promise the availability of on-board material on any coach.
- The terms and conditions set out herein shall be severable of each other and the invalidity of any part of these terms and conditions shall not affect the validity of any other part. ALL FARES, SCHEDULES AND T & C’s TO CHANGE WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE. FOR ANY QUERIES CONTACT OUR 24 HOUR CALL CENTRE ON 086 113 5367